9/09/2011

Welcome To My Media Blog

Why have you chosen media?

I have chosen media because it is a subject that I really enjoy and did well in last year. It is also a hobby that I chose to do in my own time and something hope to go into in the future. It links closely with the other options I have taken along side this.


What other subjects are you studying?

As well as media I am studying Photography, Graphics and ICT. Below is some of my first photography and graphics work.







Who are you favourite bands/ artists?

My favourite band is thebandwithnoname, which is a hip –hop/ rock act. Band members are Chip Kendall, David Strafford and Leon Henderson.

Linked here is a video of one of their songs:




My favourite artist is tobyMac an artist who covers a lot of genres of music, from hip hop, to reggae or rock. Below is his latest music video.


What are your favourite TV programs?
My favourite TV programs are normally either Sci- Fi or action thriller, so include: Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galatica and LOST. Most of them, notably Stargate include a lot of humour into the shows aswell.
Below is a clip from Stargate Atlantis:

What are your favourite films/ directors?

My favourite films are again normally sci- fi’s or action thrillers, one of my favourite trilogy’s is the Transformers Trilogy, there is lots of action in them and normally visually look great.
 

                                                 Below is a music video of the newest film, made by me.
                                                

My favourite director is Michael Bay, who directed transformers, he makes the films look visually great but also keeps the films real rather than digital, for example he uses real explosions, real soldiers as actors etc.



Michael Bay on an army base set, during the filming of the Transformers.

What websites do you use?

The websites I most use most include, Facebook for social networking, Hotmail for emails and I often update and upload videos to YouTube. Other than this I only really use it for TV Catch up on BBC iPlayer, 4od or ITV Player.